Monday, January 20, 2014

Real vs. Make Believe

One of the hardest things I find about every relocation is deciphering which relationships are real, and which are purely superficial fluff. I'd like to say that in my many moons on this planet (hello 33), I've become a better judge of this, but it seems like that is not the case.

Despite my claims of being a good judge of character (exception: the men I date) I've come to realize that I can't tell which relationships are going to make it through the year, or hell the month, and which are going to fade away.

I'm dealing with that right now. A friendship I thought was real, is now over, despite me thinking it was solid.

I fucked up, I know I did, and I hate that it's on me that this is over. I hate that I can't fix it. I hate that I can't win back this person's trust.

I'm a fixer and well, I can't fix this. I hope in time I can repair this friendship to something recognizable, because right now it's FUBAR.

Here's to starting off the new year in a really frustrating place. Blerg. 

No comments: